Supplier to Prove

Ask to see if the fill has a validation certificate stating that it is 'clean fill' as only clean fill is allowed to be used on your property. If you have doubts about the quality of the fill, request that the material is sampled and analysed for potential contaminants before accepting it. Always ask to see the original laboratory results. Alternatively, organise samples to be collected and analysed independently to prove that the fill is clean.

It is an offence to supply false or misleading information about waste. If anyone supplies you with false or misleading information (such as falsified ‘clean fill' documentation), report them immediately to EPA on 131 555.